This volunteer program is an exciting opportunity for those interested in sustainable development and gender equality. The women are really talented and you will get to see first hand the care that goes into making these beautiful products. You will be working on site in Nairobi where the organization is based, alongside the women, helping them with the various day-to-day tasks. You will also learn from them, mastering some new skills in handicraft along the way!
This program is located in Nairobi where you will stay for the duration of the program. You will be taken to the site by one of our Kenyan staff, and will be informed on the various ways of life in the area. You will stay with a host family and will get to know life as a Kenyan.
- Be able to work with your hands, and sew if you can’t sew then these ladies can teach you
- Be prepared to commit to volunteering and give your time as it is valuable to these women
- Be able to work alone, or with little supervision
- Be self motivated and goal orientated
Gender equality is a goal in its own right but is also key to sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Being able to help Kenyan women on their path to self-sustainability is the opportunity of a life time.
Our main goal for this project to be able to help these women in the making of the reusable sanitary pads. This is their daily job, they do get paid to do this but we would like to have you help them to succeed in life. You can even learn some new skills while teaching them some of your own.
- Safari in Kenya, visit the beautiful beaches of Mombasa and feed some Giraffes
- Learn to speak Swahili from the children you are helping
- Have fun while spending time with these children
- Gain valuable experience volunteering with these children
- Make new friends and memories that will last a lifetime
Volunteering at BACM is an amazing opportunity to help those less fortunate. It has made me a better person and I highly recommend it.