This internship is available to women with a Master’s Degree in Psychology
Internship with us at one of our partners, a non-government organization based in Nairobi is dedicated to eradicating human trafficking throughout Kenya. To achieve this, HAART uses a multi-disciplinary approach including raising awareness about human trafficking, assisting victims, lobbying towards successful prosecution of offenders, and by working in partnership with other organizations/networks to end modern slavery.
You will be taking on a more professional and intimate role as you will be counselling the victims of human trafficking, working closely with them towards empowerment. This is an incredible learning experience as it will gain you essential practical skills and cultural awareness within this field.
- Have a Master’s degree in Psychology at minimum to be able to counsel the victims
- Be prepared to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 3 months
- Be able to work alone
- Must submit a CV and part-take in an interview
Human trafficking is a transnational crime in Kenya. Volunteers contribute toward the most complex human rights challenge of our time.
Our goal for this program is be able to help the victims of human trafficking deal with with their emotions and be able to gain self esteem. We want them to be able to be able to rejoin their families if they choose to do so and become whole and healthy again.
- Safari in Kenya, visit the beautiful beaches of Mombasa and feed some Giraffes
- Live life like a local Kenyan
- Gain valuable experience volunteering with the victims of Human Trafficking
- Make memories to last your lifetime
The post sharing a recent story was such an inspiration! Thank you Because ALL Children Matter!
~ Sarah Mickel