On our Assistant Teaching Program you will be in placed on one of 2 different schools, both of these schools are special needs schools and do require you to have a certain amount of experience in order to be able to help these teachers. If you are a teacher or a special needs teacher then this program is for you!
At The School For the Blind and Mugumo-Ini Primary School, (Autism School) you will work as an assistant teacher supporting the local teachers in the classroom. As time goes on and you gain some experience and confidence with the children you will be given more responsibilities with the children.
- Have experience working with children with Autism or are Blind
- Be prepared to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 4 weeks
- Be able to work alone, or with little supervision
- Be self motivated and goal orientated
Education is invaluable to special needs children in Kenya. Helping as an Assistant Teacher gives you the opportunity to have a life-long impact on children’s lives and you will make wonderful memories along the way.
Our main goal for our Assistant Teaching Program is to help the teachers and give the children education. The teachers in these classrooms have anywhere between 50-60 students at any given time, so having you as an assistant can really make a difference to how they are able to help their students.
- Safari in Kenya, visit the beautiful beaches of Mombasa and feed some Giraffes
- Learn to speak Swahili from the children you are teaching
- Live life like a local Kenyan
- Gain valuable experience volunteering with these children
- Make memories to last your lifetime
Volunteering in Kenya was the experience of a lifetime! I was in Kenya working with Because ALL Children Matter for one month in January – February 2020.
~ Sally Denny