On our Special Needs Teaching program you will work as an assistant in government schools, as well as some boarding schools, supporting local teachers in the classroom. This support can come in many forms, you could be helping to organize the children for the daily studies, you could be assisting the teachers by working one to one with the children, you can also be playing with the children on their breaks. The list of possibilities is endless, they require your help and welcome you with open arms.
- Have experience working with special needs children and children with disabilities, or willing to learn new skills to be able to help in the classroom
- Be prepared to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 weeks
- Be able to work alone, or with little supervision
- Be self motivated and goal orientated
Education is invaluable to children in Kenya. Your role as a Volunteer will support teachers in their great work – of giving children the best that they deserve. And you will be sure to have fun along the way!
Our main goal for our Special Needs Classroom teaching is to help the teachers and give the children education. The teachers in these classrooms have anywhere between 50-60 students at any given time, so having you there to help can really make a difference to how they are able to help their students.
- Safari in Kenya, visit the beautiful beaches of Mombasa and feed some Giraffes
- Learn to speak Swahili from the children you are teaching
- Live life like a local Kenyan
- Gain valuable experience volunteering with these children
- Make memories to last your lifetime
Some of the most inspiring people I’ve ever met on a mission to help making the world a better place.
~ Sebastian Gaik