Do you want to help combat the fight against HIV and AIDS? While volunteering at one of Because ALL Children Matter’s local Kenyan partners, Karika, you will be doing office work alongside local staff. While doing this, you will gain practical experience in the field of HIV and AIDS in Kenya. You will be helping the staff in many different ways and making many friends at the same time.
Because ALL Children Matter’s Aging and HIV Program is located in the city of Nairobi, where you will be living with a host family or at a volunteer house, while learning about Kenyan culture and the local way of life.
- We ask that you come with an open mind ready and willing to help in anyway possible
- Have some knowledge of HIV and Aids
- Be able to work alone, or with little supervision
- Be self motivated and goal orientated
Kenyan’s living with aids face high levels of stigma and discrimination. Volunteers prepare access to HIV services and strengthen the country’s control efforts toward this epidemic.
Our goal for our special needs children’s home program is to be able help these children and give them hope and knowledge that they are loved. The staff working in this home are very over worked and could use your help, cooking, cleaning, feeding the children and moving the children out and about of the home.
- Safari in Kenya, visit the beautiful beaches of Mombasa and feed some Giraffes
- Learn to speak Swahili from the children you are helping
- Have fun while spending time with these children
- Gain valuable experience volunteering with these children
- Make new friends and memories that will last a lifetime
Great work, wish I could do more and help other countries too, but not in that position to be able to do that! There is so much need in the world, but of all pitch in a bit it helps! Love for all who care!