If you like building and working with your hands then this is the program for you. Our building and construction projects are located all over Kenya, not in one specific location. Depending on when you sign up for this program and what building and construction projects we have happening is how it will be determined on where you will be staying in Kenya.
- Since you will be working outdoors we ask that you are physically able to do this
- Know how to swing a hammer and hammer nails
- Be able to work alone, or with little supervision
- Be self motivated and goal orientated
Skilled construction workers are key to successful infrastructure in Africa. Volunteers with construction expertise provide invaluable service in overcoming the impediment of Kenya’s housing deficit.
Our goal for our special needs children’s home program is to be able help these children and give them hope and knowledge that they are loved. The staff working in this home are very over worked and could use your help, cooking, cleaning, feeding the children and moving the children out and about of the home.
- Safari in Kenya, visit the beautiful beaches of Mombasa and feed some Giraffes
- Learn to speak Swahili from the children you are helping
- Have fun while spending time with these children
- Gain valuable experience volunteering with these children
- Make new friends and memories that will last a lifetime
Coming home, my priorities shifted and I found myself focusing more on relationships with people I love and taking more time to enjoy the little things in life.