Because ALL Children Matter is a Non-Government Organisation (non-profit) focused on at risk children. The child’s safety is our number one priority and we do not want to risk further exploitation of a child. As a result, photos of children waiting for sponsors will not be listed on the website. We strive to carefully match each family with a child and once approval has been made, photos and contact with the child will be given.
1.5 million children in Kenya do not attend school due to poverty, one of two Kenyan girls will never attend school. Getting an education is a gift! The children hunger for knowledge and success. They dream of becoming doctors, nurses, teachers and engineers. Many children would prefer to be in school, rather than at home or on the streets. Escaping a life of poverty can only be accomplished by providing a child with the gift of education.
How Child Sponsorship works ?
We typically like to place children in boarding schools as they receive 3 meals per day, a roof over their head, education and they are in a safe and secure environment while they are learning. Most children in Kenya don’t get the opportunity to attend school so when they do they thrive and work really hard to achieve their goals as well as do well for their sponsors.
We go to the schools ourselves to make sure it will match the child we are putting there, some don’t. You will be encouraged to have communication with your sponsored child, (we highly recommend that you build a bond with the child). All communication will go through Because ALL Children Matter, it is never to be done directly with the child. This is for your protection as well as the child’s protection.
We also ask that if you so choose to sponsor a child you do so for their whole schooling until they Graduate High School. We understand that is not always possible with personal financial issues arising at any time, so we do not make this mandatory, although it is best for the child and you as a sponsor to have this connection throughout the years, and you could even possibly meet one day.
If you choose to sponsor a child’s education with Because ALL Children Matter you will be given more information about the child as well as a photo and maybe even a video message. We will also send you report cards, school updates and photo’s for you as well, we only ask that if you choose to post on your social media accounts, that you have our permission to do so and you only use the photo’s that we will supply to you to do this with.
1.5 million children in Kenya do not attend school due to poverty, one of two Kenyan girls will never attend school. Getting an education is a gift!
The children hunger for knowledge and success. They dream of becoming doctors, nurses, teachers and engineers. Many children would prefer to be in school, rather than at home or on the streets. Escaping a life of poverty can only be accomplished by providing a child with the gift of education.
Sponsoring a child includes many different facets, listed below are the steps to sponsoring a child.
1 – School Fees
- These vary widely depending on the school and location. If the child is going into high school (form 1) the fees are higher than for primary school. It also depends on whether or not the child will be going to a boarding school or a day school. Most of our children go to boarding schools, at boarding school their fees include, food (3 meals a day), education, and shelter, this is a shared room with children of the same sex. Boarding schools typically have a better education system in place and the children we have placed in boarding schools are thriving.
2 – Fee Structure In Kenya
- Primary School Boarding – they range from $250.00 per year to $175.00 per term.
- Primary Day School – they range from $50.00 per year to $90.00 per term.
- High School Boarding – these range from $450.00 – $650.00 per year.
- High School Day – these range from $320.00 per year to $110.00 per term
- The fee schedule is so wide for many reasons, location of the school, age of the child, and their learning abilities.
3 – What the fees don’t include
- Transportation to and from the school
- Sometimes their uniforms (they require 2 of these)
- Sheets and blanket
- Storage box for personal items
- School shoes and gym shoes
- Gym outfit
- Mosquito Net
- Water Bucket and Basin for washing clothes
4 – Reach out to us!
- Contacting us is easy to do, all you have to do is click the contact button below.
- Once we have contact made we can discuss further how to help give a child the gift of education.